Monday, March 18, 2013

Forget Dear Abbey


In this touching letter to Leonard Nimoy, a young girl asks for guidance. His response is not only thoughtful, but also heartwarming and downright awesome. This, my friends, is one of many reasons why I love that man. 



Dear Mr. Spock,
I am not very good at writing letters so I will make this short. I know you are half Vulcan and half human and you have suffered because of this. My mother is Negro and my father is white and I am told this makes me a half-breed. In some ways I am persecuted even more than the Negro. The Negroes don't like me because I don't look like them. The white kids don't like me because I don't exactly look like one of them either. I guess I'll never have any friends.
F.C.
Los Angeles, Calif.



No comments:

Post a Comment