Friday, April 4, 2014

House Hunters for the Rest of Us


My husband and I are finally looking to purchase a house, and as most others in our situation, we've been binge watching house hunters. I have to say, that it is the most annoying show in the world to watch, especially when you're house hunting on a very limited budget. The requests that people make are mostly ridiculous.

We were watching on episode in particular the other night, where a married couple absolutely needed a house that someone famous had lived in. This was a need. Do you want to know what my needs are for a house? A roof that won't leak, enough room for my munchkin to have her own bedroom, ceilings high enough that my 6-foot-tall husband and my 5-foot-nine self won't hit our heads on them, and a place that is safe enough to have a baby. And we're having a difficult time even finding something that meets those requirements in our price range. This is why I propose a realistic version of House Hunters. Maybe we can call it House Hunters: No Bullshit. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment